The Peak District is a great business location, whether you are starting a new business, want to relocate or are looking to expand.
- A central location at the heart of England, with Sheffield, Manchester, Nottingham, Leeds and Derby all within 45 minutes’ drive
- A diverse range of affordable business sites and premises
- A strong manufacturing base and track record of innovation
- Close proximity to internationally recognised universities, research bases and excellent training centres and colleges
- A highly skilled and adaptive local workforce, with a higher proportion of graduates than the national average
- Active business networks with readily available business support and funding advice
- A rural environment offering unrivalled quality of life – safe, clean and green with high-performing schools, great leisure facilities, little congestion and fabulous countryside
- Vibrant market towns and historic spa towns
- Good supply chain links with international businesses based in surrounding cities
- Innovative businesses created by entrepreneurial individuals who have chosen to locate due to the excellent lifestyle and environment
- An internationally recognised visitor destination – the Peak District is the second most visited National Park in the world
Business Peak District continues to work with the Local Enterprise Partnerships to invest and develop programmes to support businesses in the area.