Business Peak District is a membership organisation that seeks to act as a single voice for businesses in the area covered by the Peak District National Park, High Peak, Staffordshire Moorlands and Derbyshire Dales. Our vision is for a Peak District with a distinctive, high quality rural environment and an enterprising, growing and sustainable rural economy.
Our aim is to act as a representative of our members’ interests to our partner organisations which include a variety of local authorities, tourism organisations, business groups and more.
Membership is free to businesses in and around the Peak District and it’s environs, across all sectors.
We aim for the website to act as a useful and informative resource for businesses in the Peak District from events to funding opportunities to a directory of other members with whom you may look to do business.
We urge all businesses to get involved, make your voice heard and help make the Peak District a better place for people to come and do business.
We aim to:
- Help create the conditions required to increase the number of high quality jobs in the area
- Increase investment in the Peak District
- Promote better broadband and connectivity
- Use the special environment of the National Park to provide a competitive advantage for our businesses
- Promote a single Peak District brand and toolkit
- Develop more apprenticeship and training opportunities to give businesses the skilled workforces they need and local people jobs
- Grow the range of businesses in different sectors so the economy has a strong future
- Give Peak District businesses a voice to help influence the work of the six new Local Enterprise Partnerships overlapping the area
We are supported by the Peak District National Park Authority, Derbyshire Dales District Council, High Peak Borough Council and Staffordshire Moorlands District Council. We work closely with the Marketing Peak District and Derbyshire and East Midlands Chamber and Local Enterprise Partnerships.