Business Peak District members regularly receive email updates about funding voucher and opportunities. You can join for free here.
Several funding streams are available in the Derbyshire rural area to help businesses grow and develop – download the Funding for Growth update for details (last updated June 2017).
Peak Leader (Derbyshire)
LEADER will fund farmers, growers, foresters, other local rural businesses and rural community organisations to help create jobs; develop and grow rural businesses; and support the rural economy.
To be successful, applications must contribute to one or more of Defra’s 6 priorities for LEADER, which are to:
- increase farm productivity;
- support micro and small businesses and farm diversification;
- boost rural tourism;
- provide rural services;
- provide cultural and heritage activities;
- increase forestry productivity.
The grant amount will depend on the type of project; the size of the business; and the costs involved.
The minimum grant that can be applied for is £2,500. The maximum grant amount will typically be £35,000. Grants will typically be limited to a maximum of 40% of the project’s total eligible costs.
Full details and applications here on the DEC website.
Grant for Enterprise (Derbyshire)
The NBV business grant supports the growth or development of existing micro, small and medium-sized businesses based in Derbyshire. The business should only trade business to business, not retail or business to consumer.
The fund can provide capital and revenue grants to trading businesses for a specific project or investment. The following are examples of eligible project costs and are not exhaustive:
- The purchase of capital equipment where it supports business expansion or diversification
- Consultancy services to support business diversification or growth
Grants of between £1000 and £2500 are available. This is for a maximum of 25% of eligible costs. Thus, in order to access the business grant, the minimum project spend is £4000.
For more details Grant for Enterprise
Tourism businesses in Derbyshire – funds to encourage cycling
Derbyshire County Council Sustainable Travel team has funds available for up to 50% of the cost of cycle storage at your business.
Funds could help with the cost of bicycle racks and shelters. Other proposals which encourage longer distance cycle leisure trips and overnight stays will also be considered.
- Funding is available on a 50 / 50 basis.
- Funds are strictly limited, and will be allocated on a ‘first come first served’ basis.
- Businesses must be based within the County of Derbyshire, and willing to undertake a simple ‘before and after’ visitor travel survey.
There is no complicated application process.
Contact the Sustainable Travel team to discuss your proposal in the first instance.
Tel: 01629 538156