About Business Peak District
Business Peak District is a single voice for businesses in the area covered by the Peak District National Park, High Peak, Staffordshire Moorlands and Derbyshire Dales.
Our vision is for a Peak District with a distinctive, high quality rural environment and an enterprising, growing and sustainable rural economy.
We urge all businesses to get involved, make your voice heard and help make the Peak District a better place for people to come and do business.
We aim to:
- Help create the conditions required to increase the number of high quality jobs in the area
- Increase investment in the Peak District
- Promote better broadband and connectivity
- Use the special environment of the National Park to provide a competitive advantage for our businesses
- Promote a single Peak District brand and toolkit
- Develop more apprenticeship and training opportunities to give businesses the skilled workforces they need and local people jobs
- Grow the range of businesses in different sectors so the economy has a strong future
- Give Peak District businesses a voice to help influence the work of the six new Local Enterprise Partnerships overlapping the area
We are supported by the Peak District National Park Authority, Derbyshire Dales District Council, High Peak Borough Council and Staffordshire Moorlands District Council. We work closely with the Derbyshire and the Nottinghamshire Chamber of Commerce, and Local Enterprise Partnerships.
Keep in touch with our progress and achievements – our annual reports are published here.
Business Peak District Prospectus 2014 – download as PDF (19MB)
Concordat (An agreement to support the Peak District economy) 2012 – download as PDF (757KB)
Evidencing the Case for the Peak District – download as PDF (159KB)
Eksogen independent assessment – The case for Growing the Rural Economy in the Peak District – download as PDF (59KB)